Becoming a mother is one of life’s greatest pleasures however, the toll it can take on your body is immense. What was once an unmarked canvas, can quickly change into a body that you no longer recognise or identify with. For some women, this is something that they can easily cope with but for others, a mommy makeover might be what it takes to regain that lost confidence.
In this article, we are going to be exploring the first things you need to know about breast lifts, tummy tucks, body contouring and more allowing you to begin your journey to the new you!
Things You Should Know Before Going For A Mommy Makeover
A mommy makeover is an excellent choice for anyone looking to improve their shape after giving birth but there are things that you should take into consideration before going under the knife to ensure that the process is as safe and enjoyable as possible.
Timing Is Everything
Whilst it may be tempting to rush out of the delivery room and into the operating theatre, it is important to schedule your mommy makeover for after your body has healed from pregnancy and birth.
Having a baby can is extremely stressful for your body and if you attempt to undergo surgery too soon afterwards, it could pose a potential danger. Any plastic surgeon in Singapore will tell you that the ideal time to wait is at least six months.
Choose The Right Plastic Surgery Procedures For You
With so many surgical options for improving your body, it can become overwhelming when deciding on which procedures to have. The most important thing to think about is what area is your main concern, focus on this first. Perhaps you feel as though a breast lift or a breast augmentation Singapore would be beneficial after months of breastfeeding or maybe a spot of liposuction would help shift that stubborn baby weight.
There is little point in undergoing a surgical procedure just for the sake of it so be sure to carefully select the options that will work best for you.
You Will Need To Have Your Finances In Order
It’s no secret that a mommy makeover doesn’t come cheap, in fact, it is thought that a full mommy makeover, including all possible procedures, can cost up to $20,000. For this reason, it is important to ensure that you have the correct funding.
We know that for many new parents, money isn’t always an easy thing to manage but many cosmetic surgeons will offer a finance plan – just be sure that you are able to afford the repayments.
Wait Until You Don’t Want Any More Children
For many women, one baby isn’t the end of their mothering career and so when considering a mommy makeover, it is wise to not be thinking about having more children. Going for a tummy tuck surgery and then becoming pregnant again may mean that all of yours and the surgeon’s efforts are undone.
It might be frustrating to have to wait but it will mean that you do not need to go for further surgery.
What To Expect
When having a full mommy makeover, the most important thing to remember is that it takes time. You will have an initial consultation with your surgeon who will talk through your options and tailor a personal treatment plan. This is a great opportunity to talk about the types of procedure you might like.
Once your surgeries are completed, you will need to take adequate rest so it is vital that you have plenty of support with your practical day to day tasks – even lifting up your children could be potentially dangerous, especially with an operation like a tummy tuck.
It is also worth bearing in mind that for the first few weeks after surgery, you will experience swelling – this is not a true representation of the final results. Once the swelling and inflammation have subsided, you will begin to see your new body emerging.
Mommy Makeover FAQs
There may be a lot of questions surrounding the mommy makeover, let’s take a look at some of the most commonly asked ones.
- Can I combine more than one procedure? Yes, it is quite normal for a surgeon to complete more than one procedure at once as a way of minimising the number of times you need to be operated on and minimise recovery times.
- What makes a good candidate for a mommy makeover? Any ladies who have experienced significant changes in their abdomen and breasts after having children and breastfeeding are good candidates for this type of makeover. It is important to remember that you should have lost most of your baby weight before undergoing surgery.
- How long is the recovery time? Depending on the procedure recovery times will vary. As a general rule, it is thought that 4-6 weeks of rest and recovery is sufficient for most procedures.
- How much scarring can I expect? Any type of surgery will leave a scar but the mommy makeover is designed to hide the scars as much as possible by making incisions where clothing can cover them. For the most part, surgical scarring tends to heal well.
- Does my lifestyle affect the results? Once your surgery is complete, it is advisable to maintain a balanced diet and take part in regular exercise as a way of ensuring your new body is not altered through weight loss/gain.
For many women, a mommy makeover is a perfect opportunity to revert any changes to their body after pregnancy and breastfeeding and the results are impressive. With so many surgical options including breast implants, body contouring, tummy tucks and liposuction, it is easy to get that pre-baby body back.
It is important to approach your mommy makeover with care and pay attention to the finer details making sure that your personal treatment plan will yield the best results.